Interested playwrights should send the following
- 10 continuous pages of a new play. Plays that have been previously produced are not eligible for consideration.
- A 'Word' or 'pdf' file of the above 10 pages sent to email@example.com
- A complete history of the play's development (workshops, readings, etc.)
- Cast breakdown (number of roles, number of actors required, etc.)
- Cover letter with complete contact information (mailing address, phone and email address)
- An up-to-date resume and short bio (We'd like to know something about you as a human being apart from your theatre life.)
- If you would like confirmation of receipt, enclose a self-addressed, stamped postcard.
We encourage you to submit using double-sided printing and staples or paper clips to reduce the use of paper, binders and your costs.
All submissions will be read. From these, full manuscripts will be solicited for consideration. Do not send a manuscript with, or instead of, the abstract. Unsolicited manuscripts will not be read. Due to an increasingly large number of submissions we cannot return any materials from the initial submission round.
Send your materials to:
P.O. Box 29332
Washington DC 20017